HelpWelcome to ViewRanger’s community site. We hope that you don’t experience any issues but just in case we’ve written this help page which focuses on the registration/login process and what to do first once you’re registered.
If you have any questions, why not check our Top Questions page to find answers....
If you are still having problems please don’t hesitate to contact our customer services and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. (email@example.com)
We’ll be reviewing and adding information to this as an ongoing process but if we've missed anything out that you think would be useful please let us know (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Registration and log in
- You’ll need to register on this site in order to get access, even if you already have a ViewRanger account on your phone. Registration is free.
- If you have a server account on your phone you can register with these details and then you can subsequently log in using them. If you can’t remember your username, please check the account setting settings on your ViewRanger mobile app. If you can’t remember your password you can reset it using your phone. If you still continue to have issues, just give us a call and we’ll help you sort it out.
- If you don't have a server account on your phone, you can register as a new user with your name, email address and password.
- If you experience any issues or have questions regarding this process please contact email@example.com
2. When you're logged in
Before you start creating content and searching for routes, we’d advise spending just a few minutes setting up your account.....
We’d advise the following steps
STEP 1: Add the phones and devices that you have (this will ensure that any of your previous credit and content is associated is linked to this account)
STEP 2: Set up your profile – add a profile image, select your interests etc.
STEP 3: If you have more than one server account, please add this in via the ‘Log in details’ page in the My ViewRanger section (this will ensure that content you have against these details will be linked to this account)
3. Managing your account
- Your devices
- Setting up the device
- Your credit balance
- Your log in details and consolidating any other ViewRanger accounts
- Your favorite authors
- Widgets - for your websites and blogs
4. The route editor
This site allows you to:
- Create routes and view them on your phones/devices
- Share your routes with the community is you wish.
All the detailed information about this tool is included on the editor page, accessed via the ? button on the tool bar.
Finding your created routes on your phone/devices
If you've saved a route, published or private then to find it on your handset, just search for it by text or location.
5. Share your Routes
You can share your routes via facebook, twitter and email. You can also share them via our widgets but this is a little more technical. Routes must be published before they can be shared. You cannot share tracks but you can create a route from a track and share the resulting route.
First publish the route via the route edit button. The use the route information button in the toolbar and set the sharing status field to Published. The sharing actions icons will then appear on the left of the route map screen.
What is a short code stem?
A short code stem is unique to each route publisher. It allows a publisher to create a "shortcode" that can be used to help people to find a specific route within My.ViewRanger or through the ViewRanger app. Eg. TRL is the short code stem used by Trail Magazine, so that TRL0007 can be used as a short-hand way of finding the Trail route "Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales"
The site tells me that my Walkingworld subscription has expired
When you save your Profile, we check with Walkingworld that your Walkingworld subscription details are valid and that we can therefore deliver Walkingworld routes to you for free. If you are told your subscription has expired, please login at walkingworld.com, and check the second paragraph to see your account status on the Walkingworld site. Walkingworld let you log in to the website when your subscription has expired.
Using routes on your phone / tablet
To use your routes on your phone or tablet, run ViewRanger on the device. Go into Organizer and choose the Synchronize option. Your new and changed routes will be downloaded to the device, and your tracks will be uploaded back to My.ViewRanger.